So, Chris Wysocki nominated me for an award and called me “Influential” did he? Does that mean in a good way or a bad way? As in: “Here’s what not to do.” Could be the latter but I’ll assume the former, since Chis is Pretty Fly for a Jersey Guy.
Wait. That’s not it.
Here it is:
Now, about those rules. According to whoever came up with this little exercise, there is no actual voting, it’s just a fun way to bring recognition to other blogs and bloggers that are out there.
Here are the rules:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you
3. Answer 7 questions decided up by your nominator
4. Nominate ( no limit of nominations ) other bloggers for this award and link back to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the award requirements.
Heh, I think even I can do a few of those things so, here we go.
Here are Chris’s questions:
1. Why did you start a political blog, and when?
When I saw the politicians and power brokers tank the economy in 2007 to help the democrats win the election, I woke up and started educating myself about the constitution. By the time I’d read Clousen’s The 5000 Year Leap and The Making of America: The Substance and Meaning of the Constitution and Levin’s Liberty and Tyranny, I decided just pissing and moaning about it to a few people in my small circle wasn’t enough. I think my first essay was Sept. 2009.
2. If you could have dinner with any person, living or dead, who would it be?
3. Do you think there is any hope of restoring the United States to a constitutional republic in your lifetime?
In my lifetime? Doubtful. Too many feel entitled to the fruits of others’ labor and too many crony capitalists use the government to pilfer the rest from the citizenry. A great reawakening is coming. I pray it is not too late.
4. If you could choose one state for Conservatives to “take over” and reshape into a vision of America congruent with Constitutional / Conservative principles, what state would you choose and why?
Texas. Because I love and live here.
5. If you could retire anywhere, on or off the planet Earth, where would it be?
On a lake in Texas.
6. What book has influenced your life (other than the Bible or Torah) and describe how?
Politically, the books mentioned in #1. Early in my life I was a huge fan of Asimov.
7. iPhone, Droid, BlackBerry, or Windows Phone?
Now, on to the nominations:
Here are the questions:
- Why did you start a political blog, and when?
- If you could have dinner with any person, living or dead, who would it be?
- What is the best hope for America to return to founding principles and a constitutional republic?
- What book on politics would you most likely recommend to someone just waking up?
- What book would you recommend to wake someone up that hasn’t yet?
- Will conservatives succeed in reforming the republican party? If possible, how?
- Paper or plastic?
There you have it.