UPDATE II: 5/11/13 (10:30am) Sometime yesterday evening I got my tweeps back. Yea! Thanks to Twitter and all of the fine folks who helped resolve that ordeal. I never heard why the accounts were suspended though. Strange. However (isn’t there ALWAYS a however?) Steve’s account is still suspended!

Be sure to turn up the heat on Twitter to get @stevemct released from Twitmo!

Thanks.

UPDATE 5/10/13 (6:23pm)

I’m out of Twitmo, along with @kshaidle @Moonbattery1 (who I was unaware were in suspended to begin with.) & @GoldwaterGal but we’ve all lost our following/followers lists! I had over 3000 and I kmow the others had to have more due to their popularity.

I’m still petitioning twitter on behalf of @SteveMCT who is still suspended, and trying to get our lists back.

Still haven’t received  any info from Twitter as to why or what happened.

The only cool thing is, it’s kinda fun to see the follower list repopulating so quickly. Seems like it took fo-eh-vah to get it where it was the first time.

Thanks again for all of your help and support!

Robo-love to you all. ~ ‘bot

———————Begin original post——————————–

#FreeMindNumbedRobot is not something I would have ever expected to see trending on the Twitterz, but for a time yesterday, it did. You see, yesterday evening as I sat down for a bite before band rehearsal, I checked my @mnrobot account to find it had been suspended and that I would need to submit a support ticket.

What ever for? What heinous crime had I perpetuated? Which hideous leftist troll had I provoked into lodging a complaint against me?

I still have no clue. I dutifully submitted the support request. Their automated reply service sent a return email stating that if I was suspended for automated or aggressive following behavior that I would have received an email stating such and if I hadn’t that I should send them a reply to the present email to re-open the ticket. Really? The ticket I just opened is AUTOMATICALLY closed unless I send a reply email? – Tedious, but very well. I sent the reply and have yet to receive another communication. *robo-sigh*

Then, with only a few moments to spare before rehearsal time, from my secondary account, @TxConservNews, (You ARE following @TxConservNews, aren’t you?) I made a basic message to some of the #tcot #tlot #vrwc Twitterati:

The original list was @CapitaLiszt @LittleMsLiberty @stevemct @WyBlog @MrEvilMatt @ZillaStevenson

And within seconds, before I was finished with my initial plea for help, the torch was picked up by @PubliusNV and @KingShamus YEA!

I also sent quick pleas to @smitty_one_each @rsmccain @BobBelvedere @loopyloo305 and @thatMrGguy.

By then, I was out of time for twitter pleading. I had music to attend to. Thus, it was to my great and humbling surprise when, during the course of the evening, I checked my twitter accounts from my schmaht-phone and found an amazing outpouring of support for little old me.

My musician friends (Who drools a lot and hangs out with Musicians? – Drummers! ~ Har!) looked at me with a deer-in-the-headlights stare when I couldn’t help myself and attempted to share how cool it was to see so many come to my defense. Even @Instapundit retweeted a few pleas!

“Twitter? Wut’s that?”

More fun still was the level of creativity of some of the tweets. My favorite was from none other than the tireless conservative journalist @RSMccain of The Other McCain! Thank you, sir. I’m honored.

I’ll let you click the link http://t.co/5sc3iuAbXN to find out who is happy I’m in #TwitterGulag. – Priceless.

Another tweet worthy of note was from @MObeso71

Be sure to check the image M.O. included. http://t.co/zJdLB6dfmr – lol

During the evening it also came to light that Twitter has suspended other members of our conservative band of bloggers/twitterati. My #vrwc friend @Stevemct (MotorCityTimes.com) has also been suspended and @GoldwaterGal is suspended as well. What gives, Twitter?

Another good friend in the #vrwc, Chris Wysocki of Wyblog posted a plea at his new place Pretty Fly for a Jersey Guy #FreeMindNumbedRobot, please help get @mnrobot out of #TwitterGulag. Thanks bro!

I’ll not waste your time sharing every tweet here but please accept my sincere thank you for the show of support. As of this posting, my account is still suspended. If you would like to petition Twitter for my release, I of course would be grateful for any help. I would ask to please keep it clean and un-accusatory. I still do not know the reason for the suspension(s). Please direct your tweets to @twitter @support and in my case you can include the hashtags #FREE@mnrobot #FreeMindNumbedRobot.

Much Obliged ~ MNR

Comments
  • Gorges Smythe May 10, 2013 at 11:37 am

I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about. Gotta remember, some of us are old geezers that are technologically dysfunctional.

• Zilla May 10, 2013 at 3:06 pm

All you need to know from this story then is that Mind Numbed Robot is well loved and tons of bloggers and other social media people have his back. :)

• robot May 10, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Not a problem Gorges. I often wonder how much saner it would be if I had eschewed the whole technology bandwagon. But then, I wouldn’t be acquainted with nice folks such as yourself.

BTW, Twitter is like blogging but its constrained to 140 characters for those with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.

Hope you’re doing well, my friend.

• Zilla May 10, 2013 at 3:14 pm

We love you. I hope they set your main account free soon, I miss you avi in my timeline. And has anyone heard from Steve? Poor guy. He’s so nice, I hope they give him back his twitterz too.
    Almost makes me want to make a drawer of socks and go spamblock trolling on leftists for zeh REVENGES!!!!!

• robot May 10, 2013 at 3:20 pm

I got an email from Steve after we found out he was suspended too. I hope he emailed them and began the process to get released from twitmo. Thanks for your kindness, sweetie. Love you too. You really know how to make a bucket of bolts feel almost humanoid. :)

• […] Next, I checked my email and saw that a couple of the good guys in the conservative blog-o-sphere (and good friends of MCT) were raising the flag that the lefties have declared war on the #vrwc Twitter team. Via Robot: […]

• Woodsterman May 11, 2013 at 9:26 am

Ah the Twit thing again. That to me is a waste. I do have an account that I diligently post to every six months. I know those of you who use it love it, But I just don’t get it. Robot, the trolls just don’t like us, and I don’t blame them. We are evil Conservatives that see them for what they are … Unthinking Sheeples!

• robot May 11, 2013 at 10:23 am

Twitter is just another tool for information sharing, Odie. I understand the frustration though. It can be overly time consuming if you let it.

• […] Feeling the Robo-Love on Twitter […]

• […] ChrisWy: At the Department of Education, Sunday is “Parent 1′s Day” WWTFT: Amateur Diplomacy, Typical White House Politics, Tragic Consequences Politichicks: Big Game Hunting for RINOs WixomWeb: Rep. Bentivolio intros “Read the Bill” legislation… CH2.0: Is it Your Fault that our Nation is increasingly raising Liberals? Robot: Feeling the Robo-Love on Twitter […]

• Civil Candor May 12, 2013 at 2:28 pm

@civilcandor was suspended on May 10. Found out by accident when I logged in. Responded, inquired as to the reason, and sent a support ticket. So far nothing from the folks at Twitter. Perhaps a good thing. Have been putting off that Google+ page for too long. Still curious about what the crime was, though … Glad you were set free!

• robot May 12, 2013 at 4:03 pm

Still haven’t found out what happened, CC. I’ll include you in my next round of twitmo petitions. Good luck!

• Civil Candor May 12, 2013 at 5:22 pm

Thanks. If I hear anything I will post the rest of the story.

• Civil Candor May 13, 2013 at 6:37 pm

Well, the rest of the story is pretty dull. I am unsuspended but have no idea why it happened. Thanks for your help!

• robot May 13, 2013 at 6:42 pm

I don’t think anyone knows, CC. I think many people petitioning is key to getting released tho. You may want to make a spare account just in case. And I found out the hashtag #TGDN is useful as well. (Twitter Gulag Defense Network) Nice to meet you anyway. I’ll add you to the blogroll when I get next to a computer. :)

• Civil Candor May 13, 2013 at 6:52 pm

Thanks, and I’ll remember that. Probably won’t be the last time this happens. In any event, you have a new follower.

• Opus#6@AmericanPerspective May 24, 2013 at 12:03 am

Glad to hear you are still among the land of the tweeting.

• robot May 24, 2013 at 12:14 am

lol The robot lives to tweet another day!

On a more serious note. I was glad to see your posts and pics from Bunni’s service. You’re a special lady, Opus. As was Carol. Much love to you, my friend.