After a one sided conversation with and subsequent blocking by an old friend, I just had to vent.

To those it may concern,

The fact that we are Facebook “Friends” does not entitle you to post on my wall without discretion. That is doubly true if you decide to post derogatory things about myself or my acquaintances. Nor does it give you license to force me into endless circular “debates” of which you and I know there will never be an end. I know, you have nothing better to do than poke away at your Cheetoes encrusted keyboard and entertain yourself with your own banter but frankly, I can’t be bothered. Spare yourself the time and me the boredom.

What’s he on about?

It’s come to my attention via private message that some of you are discussing my apparent  irreconcilable sadness of being, my malaise of discontent, that I’m surely circling life’s drain ala some giant Pirates of the Caribbean maelstrom while praying for the Kraken to end my misery as evidenced by the fact I’ve de-friended some and been de-friended by others. Trust me. Such is not the case. In fact, my life has been quite clearer of purpose and much less hectic now that I don’t feel the need to argue endless leftist talking points with people who choose not to place even a modicum of value in the US Constitution or consider it to be some living document ready and willing to be transformed to fit the leftist mold. Such folks do not deserve my attention except to keep watch on their evil agenda masquerading as social justice or wealth redistribution or free contraception or government health care or gun registration and confiscation. Simply put: I won’t play well with Communists, even if you’re in denial about that definition.

I am flattered, however, that some of those folks feel the need to discuss my apparent break from the fold. If I in fact have gone off your particular reservation, perhaps the point you should take from it is that I probably never belonged on that piece of land in the first place, or I possibly have had a change of heart about the way I look at the world in general and as such, now refuse to associate with those whose views are diametrically opposed to mine and I consider to be of ultimate detriment to the country and civil society. Or perhaps your version of a discussion is to lob smarmy remarks over the wall while hiding from the fray behind the coattails of another; a trait I find to be tediously childlike at best and disrespectfully dishonest at worst. I also find it interesting some folks find it necessary to come to the defense of said de-friended ass wipes without first asking for my side. After all, didn’t WE used to be friends? You can’t pick up the phone? My number hasn’t changed. Same old double standard is all I see. The rules can change in an instant because you make them up as you see fit. Well guess what, I quit playing your game. Sorry if you don’t like it. Just because we were once friends doesn’t force us to always be friends. In fact, it would do me and others a disservice if I continue to give a forum to those I adamantly disagree and especially those who choose to post false accusations on my wall or play cheerleader for those who do. And guess what, YOU wouldn’t either.

I’ve just about had it with Facebook trolls and bulletin board debates anyway. Either you’ve chosen a side by this point or you haven’t. Those in the latter are much more deserving of my time than the former and I can spot a pretender a mile away.

Comments
  • Frank Koza January 14, 2013 at 4:49 pm

lol… I just grin a lil and put another notch in me belt.

///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///

Damn, there’s soooo many of them! I thought free birth control and abortion was supposed to fix that. Can we get a refund?

• robot January 14, 2013 at 5:03 pm

Heh. Notches. I like it. Although it really does suck when they were actually friends at one time. C’est la vie.

• Chris Wysocki January 14, 2013 at 6:18 pm

I particularly enjoy the opprobrium heaped upon my daughter by the liberal parents of her classmates. “You can’t be her friend, her father is one of those teabaggers”. These people recoil in horror if I even look in their direction. So much for that “tolerance” thing.

• robot January 14, 2013 at 6:26 pm

Diversity only applies if the sect in question belongs to the Dem voting bloc.

• Adrienne January 14, 2013 at 8:48 pm

Are you serious, Chris? Parents picking on your daughter? OMGosh! I really am shocked.

• Chris Wysocki January 14, 2013 at 10:12 pm

Oh yes, my daughter is ostracized because of my blog. Don’t be shocked, it’s how they roll. Groupthink is their only paradigm. A parent who doesn’t toe the Obamabot line is completely alien to them. Rachel Madcow says to hate me, so hate me they do.

What really and truly hurts are the closet conservatives who won’t stand up. They say to me privately, “I agree with you” but publicly they join with the clique because being popular is more important to them than being true to themselves. The fact that they tell their kids to shun my daughter is heartbreaking. That is, if they really are secretly on our side. Believe me, I have my doubts.

My wife blames me. Because I suppose being outspoken isn’t the best policy when you want your kid to be liked. Then again, being liked by a bunch of duplicitous, intolerant jerks isn’t really high on my to-do list. Except, and this is where I kind of understand the two-faced closeted parents, watching her cry when all the other kids go out for pizza after school as she’s pointedly excluded, well I might just sell my soul to stop that from happening again.

• robot January 14, 2013 at 10:26 pm

Your daughter will understand that you stood for what is right in later years, Chris. Keep your spine and your rapier wit, my good man.

• Linda January 21, 2013 at 5:54 pm

aw that’s terrible! I am saddened to hear this. Even if she doesn’t want to be homeschooled, maybe you guys can find a local homeschool group to hang out with just for the social stuff, so she can have some decent, conservative friends! At one of our groups, they let “schoolers” participate in anything if there is room . . .

• Opus#6@AmericanPerspective January 14, 2013 at 6:43 pm

You have lots of conservative friends here. That’s what blogging and Twitter are for.

• robot January 14, 2013 at 6:44 pm

Thanks Opie! You’re the best-est.

• Adrienne January 14, 2013 at 8:55 pm

That was just about one of the best rants I’ve read in just forever. It brought a smile to my face – and I needed that because my sewing machine went bonkers right after I started a project and now I have to take it into the sewing machine shop. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

When you feel bad about your “friends” abandoning you, remember that there is not one member of my immediate family that speaks to me. Behind my back they call me: bigoted, racist, homophobe, religious extremist, crazy, and stupid. Those are just the good ones. You ought to hear the bad ones. heh

• robot January 14, 2013 at 9:04 pm

Thanks Adrienne, the abandonment comes from them abandoning what our country was meant to be. I guess they are moving one way, I’m moving opposite. I don’t talk to many in my family about this stuff anymore. They’re hopeless. God bless Ma’am.

• Gorges Smythe January 14, 2013 at 9:53 pm

I’v been slowly ridding my Facebook page of liberal “friends,” and dropping blogs that use word verification. Guess I’ve got whatever you’ve got.

• robot January 14, 2013 at 9:55 pm

Howdy Gorges! Word verification? You mean Captcha? Oh no! I’m headed for the robo-scrap heap?

• proof January 15, 2013 at 3:20 pm

I’m not much of an authority on losing Facebook “friends”. Most of my friends I lost the old fashioned way. I remember this one fellow was a pretty good friend of mine, who was a fan of John Lennon. I made fun of the song “Imagine” one day, and I scarcely heard “boo” from him after that! In case you have any friends like that you actually want to lose, it goes something like this:

“Imagine there’s no gravity…”

• robot January 15, 2013 at 3:46 pm

Gravity sucks! lol

Well, these were once real world friends who I haven’t seen in years. I guess my priorities changed over time and they don’t like the new focus.

Thanks for stopping by, Proof!

• Linda January 21, 2013 at 6:04 pm

that was AWWEEESOMME. My fav bit: “Well guess what, I quit playing your game. Sorry if you don’t like it. Just because we were once friends doesn’t force us to always be friends. . . . I’ve just about had it with Facebook . . . debates anyway. Either you’ve chosen a side by this point or you haven’t. Those in the latter are much more deserving of my time than the former and I can spot a pretender a mile away.”

The morning after THE election, I went thru FB and systematically defriended about 60, ie about 1/3, of my facebook friends. Many were just not active posters, or always spamming with game invites, but it was driven by the few hardcore leftists I had to deal with on a continual basis.

I worried about whether there would be fall out like you explained above, and had concocted a “it’s not you it’s me, and FB isn’t real life anyway” type answer to trot out if necessary. But no one ever brought complaints to my attention.

Seriously. Ever since the election, I am so done with pointless arguments. They can stuff it in a sack.

Did you publish this rant on your FB page too? You are a forthright individual who deserves respect, my friend.

• robot January 21, 2013 at 6:14 pm

Thanks Linda. I haven’t published it yet. I may in the future tho. The person who spurred it blocked me after sending me a private message about tolerance. No use posting it if the person it was written for won’t see it. lol

• [...] A Letter to the Facebook Trolls [...]