The other day I caught a reference to the previously unknown-to-me blog, Pesky Truth, where Garnet92 has written a couple of excellent articles on The Good and The Bad sides of Texas Governor Rick Perry. They are well researched and include links to most, if not all, cited references. While I’m not endorsing any republican candidate at the moment, I highly recommend these as a starting point to educate yourself on Perry’s positives and negatives.

Hat Tip to Doug Ross and Ace of Spades HQ.

UPDATE:

Zilla has a thought provoking piece concerning the vetting of candidates in light of a post 9/11 America.

Comments
  • Chris Wysocki August 20, 2011 at 3:58 pm

There’s trouble brewin’ in the conservative blogosphere. The long knives are coming out for Perry. Pamela Geller is leading the charge with allegations that he secretly supports al-Qaeda and Hamas. There’s all sorts of speculation and guilt-by-association-three-times-removed nonsense floating around. My suggestion, which apparently hasn’t gained very much traction, is for someone to simply ASK Perry about these issues. (It worked with the Gardasil flap, didn’t it?)

Yes I know that controversy brings hits. And I like a good old-fashioned blog war as much as the next guy. But let’s not lose sight of the ultimate goal – defeating Barack Obama in 2012. Every president since Clinton has palled around with this Aga Khan dude, are they all “Islamoblows”?(Which is a new word to me.) Must we draw a line in the electrons and disavow any blogger who stands up for Perry? Because I’m starting to hear things like that and it’s quite troubling to me.

• robot August 20, 2011 at 5:20 pm

Wow, I hadn’t heard about those accusations from Pamela. Do you think she’s bought into a hoax?

I think you know I have my reservations about ALL of the candidates but I can tell you one thing, I won’t be severing ties to anyone for backing the candidate they choose. That’s just asinine, IMO, and why we have primaries and a vetting process.

Side note on primaries: I read on a thread earlier today about the possibility of the dems voting in the republican primaries to stack the election for whoever they see as the weakest candidate.

• Chris Wysocki August 20, 2011 at 5:34 pm

Hoax? No. Some of the less fevered bloggers are “just asking questions” which is fine so long as they’re interested in answers. Michelle Malkin is now gunning for Perry and she’s bringing a whole lottta people along for that ride. Their first target seems to be Red State.

I’m with you, this is why we have primaries. As I’ve said elsewhere I haven’t laid down my money yet. And I wouldn’t worry about the Dems trying to stack the deck rumors. The open primary states have always done business that way and things seem to work out OK in the end.

• Zilla August 22, 2011 at 1:10 pm

There’s a lot more to Perry’s islamocoddling than most people are aware. I suggest you read my post, No Quarter – all of it. It isn’t just Pamela Geller saying these things and there is nothing wrong with her saying them. SOME of us are well aware that islam means to destroy us and we not intend to let it happen if we can stop it.

• Zilla August 22, 2011 at 1:07 pm

Thank you for linking my post, Robot.
    I’ve had about all I can stand of “leaders” telling us that “islam is a religion of peace” every time another bunch of us gets MURDERED for islam. PERRY is one of those people, as is Chris Christie, they are ISLAMOBLOWS and I want no part of them.
    Rick Santorum is the best choice in the current field for those of us who do not want to see islamic supremacist conquest make further inroads in our country.
    Anyone who says Perry’s islamoblow status isn’t a problem either isn’t paying attention or is an islamoblow themselves.

• Zilla August 22, 2011 at 1:12 pm

robot

It’s no hoax. And I have lost friends over this already, because Perry’s people are evidently as bad as Obamazombies and Paulbots in that they go rabid if anyone dares criticize their guy. No more fricken cult leaders in our WH, please.

• robot August 22, 2011 at 4:20 pm

Thanks for putting your article together, Zilla. I’m with you on the Islamoblows. I’m finding it hard to trust Perry, even without hearing of that facet. It’s a gut-feeling thing.

• republicanmother August 31, 2011 at 11:05 am

Absolutely nothing will change under Perry – you can bank on it because when you look at the money flows, you see that he is more of the same Establishment tripe. I’m a Ron Paul person myself, but only after a year of careful bankster study. I encourage everyone to study these people for themselves and don’t listen to anymore rhetoric as they lie. all. the. time. as the CL says.

• […] post is linked at Mind Numbed Robot. Thanks, Robot! […]