A few days ago, I posted a video of CEO Steve Wynn railing on the Obama administration for their socialist, anti-capitalist policies. One commenter expressed his disappointment that Mr. Wynn didn’t give any examples of how Obama’s policies are contributing to and causing the continued economic decline.
Lucky for us, iainswife, who blogs over at Shout First, Ask Questions Later and is a contributor to the fabulous Potluck blog points us to a great article in the American Spectator that provides many facts to back up Mr. Wynn’s conference call assessment of President Obama’s socialist policies.
As to what I described in the comment thread as “uncertainty,” my good friend The CL from The Classic Liberal helpfully pointed me to Robert Higgs, who, in 1997 wrote a paper coining the term “Regime Uncertainty” to describe how the socialist policies of the New Deal had a chilling effect on the recovery from the Great Depression. Those similar policies, now employed and expanded by Obama, are having the same predictably disastrous effect today.
Hopefully these links will get you on the path to understanding the effects of an over-expanding federal government, theÂ incremental destruction of property rights that go along with larger government, the intended transformation of our capitalist economic system to a socialist one and ultimately, an understanding of the loss of liberty for the whole of any nation that implements socialistic policies and programs.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”
C. S. Lewis, God in the Dock, p. 292.
Our Constitution was not instituted to save us from ourselves. Our Constitution was written, mainly, to protect us from our government. It’s time we remembered that and elect people who understand it as well. The alternative is not one worth savoring.
- robot on WATCH: Rep. Trey Gowdy Calls Nancy Pelosi ‘Mind-Numbingly Stupid’
- 5etester on WATCH: Rep. Trey Gowdy Calls Nancy Pelosi ‘Mind-Numbingly Stupid’
- robot on Most Influential Blog Awards Nomination
- cmblake6 on Most Influential Blog Awards Nomination
- Local Governments Spying on You With Big Federal Tax Dollars: States Sovereignty Shamed and Severed | Maggie's Notebook on What’s Wrong With These People?
- About & Comment Policy
- God and Government – pt. 2
- Reclaiming the American Spirit
- Aristocracy and Oligarchy – How We Got Here
- Free Speech Impediment (With Every Purchase!)
- A Libertarian Leaning Conservative…
- Medina vs. Perry – A Discussion on Strategy and Open Thread
- God and Government – pt. 1
- Political Projection and Demagoguery
- Woodshed Politics
- This is Your Congress on Drugs
- Apathy, Willful Ignorance and Corruption – What More Do We Need?
- “The Naked Insurance Saleswoman” or “Federal vs State Governance”
- Get Government Out of Health Care
- A Critique on Conservatives
- Thoughts On Liberty
- Your Government Wants To Eat You
- Texas Mandatory Evacuation Law – Hurricane Party Like It’s 1984
- Texas 11
- US Timeline