Blog update:

I’m still on self imposed blog-cation until such time as my cranial circuitry is upgraded to increase multi-tasking capabilities. This is to say, I’m still on extended leave from blogging due to a day job and spending excessive time in the studio which results in a lack of paying more than remote attention to any news of political or social context and therefore the lack of thought given to proper posting. (Ha! As if that ever stopped me before, right?) I do miss dishing out the robo-snark, but I’m also happy to be immersed in the musical world for another project. Recording is a welcome break even though I am constantly reminded of how out of practice I’ve become, both in drumming and working with the production software.

Thanks to those of you who continue to stop in and check on me. Rest assured I’m fine and haven’t been abducted by aliens (illegal or otherwise) nor have I been ‘bot-napped by agents provocateur in black helicopters.

Commies, Commies Everywhere

On the semi-political/personal front, I’ve had it with any individual that can still support Obummer and the democrats/progressives/communists/socialists/rinos. Anyone who can say with a straight face that they support these anti-American types is no friend of mine or of America for that matter. I’ve come to this decision over the last couple of years and it continues to be reinforced by their statements, accusations and actions. Concerning the state of civil discourse in America today, my experience for the most part is as “they” aptly but wrongly say, “It keeps getting worser and worser.”

Case in point:

As some of you may know by my recent Comment Policy, I’ve recently decided to disengage in debate with liberals, Kristen being one lone exception. They refuse to play by any standard rules or look honestly at the policies and politicians they support. I say this because I’ve recently banned a supposed friend from my personal Facebook page. (My personal FB page and the blog’s FB are not the same.)

The rules of Facebook should be no different than any other social situation. I expect the same treatment on Facebook that I would in my living room. Say someone posts something on my wall with the simple demand “Read this.” I read it, then point out the article’s falsehoods and twisted logic and offer refuting evidence. If said person commences with derogatory remarks, I reserve the right to kick said trouble-maker out of my house, or off my friend list. The way I see it, something posted on your own wall is open for debate. Heck, something posted on my wall is open for debate, but when the conversation declines into name calling, I draw the line at my door, or FB profile.

This scenario happened to me lately as a communist-in-denial attempted to engage in a little bait-the-robot-into-an-argument-in-his-own-living-room ploy, which in turn resulted in a de-friended and blocked ex-friend. Those that saw the short exchange might have wondered that I was a bit quick in my judgment, but I can assure them that after many such arguments over the last couple of years via email, it was the prudent choice. I will not be goaded Alynski style in my own venue. So Adeu. Ciao, Hasta la vista. Arrivederci. Au revoir. Auf widersehen. Don’t let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya, “friend.”

C’est la vie.

Fortunately, that is the first person I’ve had to make an example of.

Just out of curiosity, anyone else have similar experiences? What did you do?

Now, I’m off to do some more recording. We’ll be doing pedal steel tonight. Should be lots of fun with an old friend I haven’t seen in years. Good times ahead.

You guys hold down the fort until I get back and remember we’ve got to take a break every now and then to get charged up for 2012. At least I do.

Cheers! ~ bot

Comments
  • Bob Belvedere June 14, 2011 at 4:37 pm

-If you have to be away, best to be in the studio.

-What else could you do about that putz?

-Rock And Roll.

• robot June 15, 2011 at 7:33 am

Hey Bob. Nice to “see” you. Hope you’re doing well, my friend.

• The Conservative Lady June 14, 2011 at 6:12 pm

I don’t blame you for blocking the commie-in-denial (CID). You don’t have to put up with rude people.
    I’ve blocked 2 people from the TCL blog. One was a guy named Akbar who commented a few times after Osama Bin Laden was killed. His comments were threatening. I figured I didn’t have to be terrorized by a troll, so he was blocked. The other was an anonymous troll who left some stupid message that made no sense.
    I’ve cut down on the number of posts lately, too. Recharge for 2012 because we’ll be really busy as the election get closer.
    Enjoy yourself with the music. Sounds like fun.

• robot June 15, 2011 at 7:39 am

Hi TCL. Trolls come in all shapes and sizes, don’t they. Some even masquerade as friends. Sheesh. 2012? It can’t get here soon enough.

Have a great day, Mi-Lady.

• Full Metal Patriot June 15, 2011 at 5:03 pm

It’s too bad that people get ornery when they’re interacting on Facebook. Usually, most folks can discuss a topic and agree to disagree if common ground can’t be reached. But when doing it over FB or a blog’s comments section, common courtesy seems to go out the window when said rude person believes he’s not in danger of spitting out his own teeth as a result of his rudeness.

Good riddance, says I.

• robot June 19, 2011 at 11:58 am

Bad rubbish will always find the door at my place. Thanks for stopping in, FMP.

• Frank Koza June 15, 2011 at 6:07 pm

/me blushes. As you know, Bot, it’s usually me doing the instigating. 😉

I’m kind of disappointed to say, but no one has yet ever tried to debate any issues on items I post. However, a few sure love to deposit all sorts of crap on my fb feed. Most are from sincere folk who aren’t aware of all the facts, but a few are carefully calculated and deliberate trolls complete with calls for input from people of my persuasion in order to turn loose the dogs in a rabid frenzy of ad homs. I’ve found it’s rarely worth the trouble to respond, but I have to admit it’s delightful to judiciously poke them now and then to practice the art of trying to separate a stray calf from the herd. Mostly I just watch them curiously in silence and chuckle to myself waiting like a predator for them to make a move that leaves them vulnerable to breaking the groupthink.

BTW, I’m now a complete convert to your treason theory. You had it right. This latest reinterpretation of the War Powers Act of actions in Libya not amounting to full-blown hostilities and thus doesn’t require compliance with the law is blatantly criminal, exponentially worse than Clinton’s self-serving definition of sexual relations. It’s definitely impeachment time for King Barack. Mr Constitutional scholar needs to learn he’s not above the law.

Have a great summer and enjoy your project!

• robot June 19, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Hi Frank. Glad you stopped by. I found your blog a while back and lost the link. 🙁

Yep. Treason is the only possible conclusion that one can come to after a full examination of the facts. That is not to say that some of his predecessors aren’t guilty to some degree but BHO surpasses them all to the Nth degree. A line begs to be drawn on how far the president can go against the constitution. Oh. Wait. There is one. If only we could put someone in place with the fortitude to enforce it.
      Have a great Father’s Day, my friend.

• Matt June 16, 2011 at 8:09 pm

You’re about the third blog today that I’ve found posts about this topic. We haven’t the time to engage in futile debates with lefties. They don’t process reality anyway, so time spent on them is time wasted.

• robot June 19, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Wasted time indeed. No more from me. I will chase squirrels no longer.

• Zilla June 17, 2011 at 9:40 pm

I am from New York, a blue state, I got trolled so badly by people I’d known my whole life, “friends”, that I had to open a seperate account at facebook just to be able to express an opinion and promote my work. People weren’t nearly as vicious as they are now towards conservatives until the leadup to the 2008 election – and it’s devolved quickly since then.
    I ban trolls from my blogs. I can’t be bothered with them.

• Teresa June 17, 2011 at 11:30 pm

Sad to hear that your away from your blog but happy to hear that you have a day job. I think you did the best thing by blocking the communist in denial (CID). It’s sad when you lose a friend but when one acts like an ignorant ass what else is one supposed to do? Some things cannot simply be ignored. I’ve lost a few friendships over the past couple of years due to politics. If people cannot be respectful then they couldn’t have been that good of a friend to begin with, or at least they changed their character to not being a good friend. Take your time, we’ll be waiting for you to return with a bot bang.

• robot June 19, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Hi T.
      I’m missing the blog terribly but having a good time in the studio, it can be tedious but rewarding. Unfortunately, I have to make concessions because of the day job and the blog is the one that loses out. Thanks for hanging with me.

• Kid June 18, 2011 at 7:04 pm

My wife have some commie friends (another couple) we used to have dinner with every couple 3 months. He and I bashed heads in a friendly way on every subject that came up. He didn’t really bother me. It was interesting to hear someone take the wrong position on virtually every political or environmental issue. We weren’t friends to start with though. My wife met her while volunteering at an animal shelter.

They do take care of a lot of animals and they’re good people. We haven’t seen them since oblabber was elected though. Not sure what label to slap on that. If we see them again, fine, if not, fine. Though they’re vegans who don’t even do dairy, so maybe that’s the issue. Is there a restaurant anywhere in Cincinnati who caters to those demands? doubtful I guess.

• robot June 19, 2011 at 12:26 pm

Hail to Vega! – lol I can’t help but think of that musical chant from Contact when I see or hear the word vegan. It cracks me up, omnivore that I am. Maybe your commie/vegan friends moved to Vegas?

• […] Obama Donors: 80% Got Key Admin PositionsSRV – Life by the DropGreen Scams Part 3: Eco-povertyN’yah… What’s Up ‘Bot?Obama thinks too many useful tools creates too may unemployed peopleGoing Green Without Thinking It […]

• […] Mind Numbed Robot tells us what’s going on. […]

• Chris Wysocki June 20, 2011 at 10:19 am

If it wasn’t for hate mail I wouldn’t get any email at all! OK, not really, but close.

The homosexual / gay marriage crowd is by far the worst. Their vileness knows no limits and the depravity of their attacks is beyond obscene. There’s one guy who keeps hitting me with his version of me starring in a rape fantasy featuring my own daughter. Because that’s what will teach her to embrace gay marriage, or something.

Yes, I reported him to the police. They didn’t seem to care. Told me to ignore him. Uh, ok.

Then there’s the neighbor who plays the FB wall games, she posted mountains of drivel from MoveOn and other Soros-funded progbots daring me to “refute” her “facts.”

So I did. Conclusively. And she complained to everyone who would listen that I “attacked” her and made her cry.

Her kid is in the same grade as mine, they used to play together all the time. After that incident her kid is abusive toward mine, always calling her names and trying to get her into trouble. Her kid told mine, “I can’t play with you anymore because my mom said you’re a brat.”

What is it with lefties and targeting children anyway?

• robot June 20, 2011 at 12:02 pm

Any means they can use to shut you up is fair game in their world. I feel for you Chris. At the same time, I’m glad I don’t have any kids. I would be worried to death about the indoctrination children are constantly bombarded with in school and in the media.

• Linda June 22, 2011 at 1:03 pm

Thanks for keeping us posted on what’s up with the Botness. I know what you mean about letting the blog languish even though you miss it. If I follow thru on homeschooling this year, I’ll be in the same position. But hey. We all do what we can, and don’t what we can’t.

Good riddance to the FB “friend” btw. I once chose to unfriend and block someone on the political right. But always into the conspiracy stuff that I mostly ignore, and pestered me all the time: look at this, what do you think of this? post after post and I didn’t know him personally so I just got rid of him.

I’m a heartless ol’ gal. Have a great time playing and recording.

• SLibertarian June 26, 2011 at 2:47 pm

Kick em to da curb.. I had something similar -almost- happen on my facebook, I’m not sure blocking this person would have been a good idea if it DID degenerate to that point.. we are family.. so. yea.. Luckily, we both decided that we would never get the other to agree, we both reached this decision within minutes of each other, and as we realized we’d come to that conclusion, it was all like “Well, we found something we can agree on, after all.” yay. But, if it had gone further down hill, not sure how we could’ve fixed it.