The tough choices have to be made. No matter what your political stripe. I don’t know if air strikes are the way to go here, but I’m not the one sitting in the oval orifice.

So O-bomb-a, rather than leading, follows the French and the UN. Tell me again how any of this makes America or O-bomb-a look better in the eyes of the world?

Wait. That was a rhetorical question.

R.S. McCain is also questioning the selective outrage and the outragers.

Meanwhile, The Rhetorican:

What’s missing? The ubiquitous sense of outrage in every nook and cranny of Leftie-dom that we couldn’t stop hearing back in 2003, before troops even started packing for Iraq.

True: The outrage is not “ubiquitous,” but what are lefties like Michael Moore going to do? They got nowhere to go. They backed the most left-wing nominee in the Democratic Party’s history — yes, Obama is further left than McGovern or Dukakis — and actually managed to get him elected. And the result is . . . ??

We’re still in Iraq and Afghanistan. Guantanamo is still in business. Bradley Manning is stripped naked in solitary confinement. Now, another military adventure. You’d think that people who’d been so blatantly screwed over, bamboozled, sold out, ripped off and stabbed in the back would eventually wise up.

But then again: They’re liberals.

Indeed.

Personally, I don’t think O-bomb-a would have called for air strikes on Libya unless it served his political purpose. He may just be bowing to international pressure and hoping to use this for capital later on down the road. He certainly didn’t take any great stand on the issue in the previous weeks, aside from the posturing and speeches with his adminstruation speaking from both sides of the issue thus confusing all parties as to what stance America was going to take.

I believe he wants all unrest in the middle east to continue. It serves as distraction to his radical domestic agenda and if you think he’s going to do anything that helps Israel that he isn’t forced to, then you haven’t been reading the tea leaves properly.

UPDATE:

I swear I hadn’t read Instapundit’s article before I wrote that headline.

Comments
  • Kid March 20, 2011 at 8:10 pm

oblabber has already tried taking credit for what is going on. France and UK are not shy however about setting the record straight.

obama as Sarkozy’s lapdog? Hey Libs, suck on that one ! hahaa

I understand the democrat media is fawning over obama’s ‘great multi-tasking abilities. for being able to work of basketball pools, plan vacation, play golf, all the while letting France and UK move the ball along with a military re-animated by the Bush administration that only needs someone to say “Ok, I guess you can go do it. I’m late for the 1st tee”.

how pathetic can these people in the media get?

• robot March 21, 2011 at 5:14 pm

how pathetic can these people in the media get?

Heh, just wait. I predict it’s going to get much better, or worse, depending on your perspective. Either way would be laughable, if it wasn’t so sad.

• theCL March 21, 2011 at 3:39 pm

As stupid as the guy is, Michael Moore is consistent. He ripped Obama for the attack on Libya. I think it’s more than just a distraction too, and that Obama’s “lack of leadership” was a ploy to buy time. The wars in the ME are about propping up the dollar via OPEC.

• Linda March 21, 2011 at 7:30 pm

I can’t believe I’m admitting this, but Michael Moore’s consistency does indeed elevate my opinion of him, albeit from pond scum to . . . maybe pond silt.

Unlike Glenn Greenwald, who King Shamus found to be a real shining star of hypocrisy (which is hard to elevate oneself to this status nowaday, the field being so crowded already).

Oh, regaring the “O-bomb-a” coincidence, I really can’t resist the saying: “great minds think alike!”

• robot March 22, 2011 at 9:35 am

Thanks for the nice compliment, Linda.
      You know, I may have happened on the same headline, but you are the one with an Instalanche or two to put on your greatest hits mantle. How does this shade of envy look on me?

• FMJRA 2.0: E.T.I. : The Other McCain March 26, 2011 at 6:23 pm

[...] Slightly Less) Lonely ConservativeConservative HideoutDaTechguyPirates CoveInstapunditAmSpecBlogMind Numbed RobotMaggie’s NotebookWestern ExperienceEconomic Terror Plan for ‘Redistributing Wealth and [...]