I posted a link yesterday urging people to call their Senators to support an amendment to the new FDA expansion being crammed through the lame duck congress at the moment. Whilst Iâ€™m waxing wishful, howâ€™s about instead of modifying that POS legislation, we urge them to scrap it completely. I think we’ve seen what the current power hungry mongrels infesting the House and Senate are capable of. I don’t think I want any more of the like, thank you very much. No.
I know. Fat chance.
On the same lame subject, this morningâ€™s Heritage Foundation Morning Bell cites some disturbing numbers which, combined with the recent Wall Street legislation, ObamaCare, QE2, Bailouts and reckless spending by the Democraps amount to nothing more than a Cloward/Piven-Alinski-Obama Trifecta of assault on our way of life.
So just how big an expansion of government does Dingell, Pelosi, and Reid want to inflict on the American people to combat a non-existent food safety crisis? Well, the Congressional Budget Office estimates that the legislation would require 50,000 domestic and foreign inspections in 2015, compared to just 7,400 in 2009. That is a sevenfold increase in government inspections. And the government would be reaching into a lot of new places as well. The act requires that all food â€œfacilitiesâ€â€”including those home-based businesses that make jam, bread, and cheese for local marketsâ€”would be required to undertake periodic hazard analyses and produce â€œrisk-based preventive controls.â€
‘bot – Personally, I really would like to see these guys sit on their hands and do nothing for the remainder of their terms.
In another take on the same subject Shrink Wrapped says: The FDA Will Kill Us All
H/T Doug Ross
Bill Zwerger, posting at The Lonely Conservative has more on the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act, otherwise known as the bend over and grab your ankles one more time please. This won’t hurt a bit. We’re just combating another manufactured crisis here. No need to worry yourself at all. POS Legislation # Umpteen Hundred of of 2010.
The Daley Gator has more: Big Brother finds newest threat toÂ mankind
Received these pictures today from an alert reader.
1890 Grave-site in the Attica, Kansas Cemetery
Mr. Grigsby knew them all too well.
UPDATE: The CL reminds us of a post from a year and a half ago.
Itâ€™s easy to brush stuff like this off, especially with so much going on these days, but please donâ€™t. This is serious.
Freedom really is, the single most important issue of our time.
Itâ€™s insane whatâ€™s going on in America today. Scary. Find your inner-Jefferson folks, itâ€™s liberty or tyranny. The choice is yours.
UPDATE II: The Other McCain lists the other items on the Democrat agenda for the Lame Duck session. Anyone remember the attention they paid to us as we demanded their ear on health care reform? Yea. More of the same. “Ram it through!” is the rally cry of the Lame.
- robot on WATCH: Rep. Trey Gowdy Calls Nancy Pelosi ‘Mind-Numbingly Stupid’
- 5etester on WATCH: Rep. Trey Gowdy Calls Nancy Pelosi ‘Mind-Numbingly Stupid’
- robot on Most Influential Blog Awards Nomination
- cmblake6 on Most Influential Blog Awards Nomination
- Local Governments Spying on You With Big Federal Tax Dollars: States Sovereignty Shamed and Severed | Maggie's Notebook on What’s Wrong With These People?
- About & Comment Policy
- God and Government – pt. 2
- Reclaiming the American Spirit
- Aristocracy and Oligarchy – How We Got Here
- Free Speech Impediment (With Every Purchase!)
- A Libertarian Leaning Conservative…
- Medina vs. Perry – A Discussion on Strategy and Open Thread
- God and Government – pt. 1
- Political Projection and Demagoguery
- Woodshed Politics
- This is Your Congress on Drugs
- Apathy, Willful Ignorance and Corruption – What More Do We Need?
- “The Naked Insurance Saleswoman” or “Federal vs State Governance”
- Get Government Out of Health Care
- A Critique on Conservatives
- Thoughts On Liberty
- Your Government Wants To Eat You
- Texas Mandatory Evacuation Law – Hurricane Party Like It’s 1984
- Texas 11
- US Timeline