After much contemplation, a lot of hand-wringing analysis of the site stats, and a few beers, I’ve come to the conclusion that Bob Belvedere is right. I have a problem titling my posts. See, I’m stoopid. I was under the impression that people might actually be interested, even a bit PO’d to find out the identities of the insidiousÂ Socialists in their State Governments, but I guess not. (Those of you who shared the posts are of course not included.)
The socialists at the national level? Who needs to search for those? They are on TV and the intertoobz every day. I can’t turn on my radio without hearing Obummer spouting off about his latest Baracklishment, and after the HealthCare jam-down, anyone who is remotely sane has already put names to their particular demons.
So, where are you going with this ‘bot?
Glad you asked.
From now on, I’m going to strive to be more creative, more exciting, tantalizing, even titillating with my headlines.
For instance, I think the “1000+ Socialists in State Governments” post could have been helped with some more panache’. How about:
No? OK, let’s try to inject a bit more sex.
That one should start a riot or two.
Here’s one for the “Twilight” crowd:
“Deadly Vampire Swamp Creatures Invade New Hampshire! Ignore At Your Own Peril!” (Some may be more truthful than others.)
Sure, they have no relevance to the article. So what? The New York Times and National Enquirer get away with overblown hype every day. People want entertainment. They don’t want the truth. The majority of them wouldn’t know the truth if an America-hating Commie/Muslim was in the White House stealing trillions from them for his personal slush fund and trashing the nation’s sovereignty while smacking them in the face with a Ground Zero Mosque! To them I say, careful what you ignore. In today’s day and age, what you don’t know can and will kill you.
Hope you’ve enjoyed today’s rant. I was really pissed off when I started this. Now I’m only slightly flustered.
- About & Comment Policy
- God and Government – pt. 2
- Reclaiming the American Spirit
- Aristocracy and Oligarchy – How We Got Here
- Free Speech Impediment (With Every Purchase!)
- A Libertarian Leaning Conservative…
- Medina vs. Perry – A Discussion on Strategy and Open Thread
- God and Government – pt. 1
- Political Projection and Demagoguery
- Woodshed Politics
- This is Your Congress on Drugs
- Apathy, Willful Ignorance and Corruption – What More Do We Need?
- “The Naked Insurance Saleswoman” or “Federal vs State Governance”
- Get Government Out of Health Care
- A Critique on Conservatives
- Thoughts On Liberty
- Your Government Wants To Eat You
- Texas Mandatory Evacuation Law – Hurricane Party Like It’s 1984
- Texas 11
- US Timeline