Happy Blog Day to ‘Bot…

Happy Blog Day to ‘Bot…

Happy Blog Day you drun-ken auto-ma-ton…

Happy Blog Day to ‘Bot.

*hic*

Thank you, thank you. You shouldn’t have. Really.

“Speech! Speech!”

Well, if you insist.

Blogspot

There once was a somewhat shy *cough* never outspoken *hack* designer/drummer *blech* who could no longer withhold his views from the world, or at least the few people outside his circle of friends who might listen to those opinions. He felt compelled to begin an online journal to hopefully spare some of his close friends from the verbal outrage at what was happening in America. Once started on that journal, it soon became a journey, to where no-one knows, but for now has been a source of developing friendships and personal edification that he will never forget or regret.

I, being he, have met some fine patriotic people online in the blogging community and have come in contact through their writings with many more whom I probably will never have the opportunity to meet. That is no fault of any one, it’s just an observance that the number of conservative bloggers is growing. This is a good thing. I love it.

Unlike Stacy McCain, of The Other McCain, I have no aspirations of taking over the entire blogosphere, though I certainly don’t hold it against him that he wishes to do so. More power to you Stacy. I simply want to add my voice to the many who are crying out that our government has been transformed from its original purpose and was/is being further transformed in an exponentially quicker pace into the monster our Founders warned us against. That fight still remains. To what end is a matter on which I pray daily. Can I get an Amen?

I’m happy you have all accepted my quirky, jerky, rambling attempts at humor and hopefully motivational or educational essays and rants. You really know how to make an abby-normal guy feel welcome. As Carol of No Sheeples Here likes to say, I’m proud to be standing guard over liberty with all of you.

Thinking on how to commemorate the first anniversary of my online life, I thought I might trace back and find a few highlights to share with you. A sort of naked baby pictures type of thing, except without the baby, or the naked.

OK, some will be babes, and some will be nearly naked.

Looking at the stat counter at the old site, I see the most popular post was a video found at iOwnTheWorld that is still the funniest takeoff of Babes in Toyland I’ve ever seen. iOwnTheWorld also gave the Robot a huge present on Christmas Day by linking their entire graphic to the Robot. I know they didn’t have to do that and was nearly glued to the site meter Christmas Day watching the hits come in. What a freaking nerd I am. 🙂

Thank You, iOwnTheWorld.

Speaking of babes, coming in a close second was a post titled Christina Hendricks vs Adriana Lima vs Megan Fox, which, now that I’ve linked it again here, all you babe watchers will hit it some more and possibly bump it past the other post. Sex does sell. I’ve learned this fact from Stacy McCain’s post on How to Get a Million Hits on Your Blog in Less Than a Year. Yes, folks, Rule 5 is alive and well at Mind-Numbed Robot, and is sitting on the porch, drinking a beer, watching the babes go by thankyouverymuch.

The third most popular post from the other site was a quickie from an email which happened to include some more hotness. It was picked up by The Dailey Gator and Bob Belvedere and was entitled License For Your House Included in Cap and Tax!

If I had to pick, the one post from the old site that gave me the most satisfaction was Reclaiming the American Spirit which was picked up and quoted from again by Bob, along with dozens of other bloggers who were shouting against the tyranny taking place in the form of Health Care Reform. I remember the pride I felt being included in the company of those proud patriots, knowing in my heart the love of freedom we all feel and the anger and desperation we all had at that very moment. I know we still do, but this is a happy day, right? RIGHT!?

The fourth most popular post from the old site was a few nice ladies holding flags. What could be so menacing? I felt like it was linked by damn near the entire blogiverse, including The Troglopundit, Obi’s Sister, The Daley Gator, The Other McCain, Fishersville Mike and American Power.

Almost everywhere that is, except Instapundit, as Lance noted in one of the more backhandedly selfish comments I’ve seen at the Robot:

Could somebody get this guy an Instalance, please? I could use the instaseconds.

Ha! That Troglopundit. What a card. Always hitching a ride on someone else’s train. But who am I to judge? It seems to be working for him. Maybe one day I’ll have the opportunity to buy my favorite unfrozen caveman a beer.

Dot Com…

The Robot moved to the new digs on April 26 this year. Four months ago. The old site had 9,400 unique visits according to Sitemeter at the time. I have no idea if that’s good, bad or what in the big scheme of things. Since the move the traffic has tripled and I have no doubt that it’s due to the help from my friends at The Resistance: Steve, Matt, Mike, Doug, Chris and the ever campaigning Russ. Not to mention my fellow Gulf Coast neighbors Jeffrey and Red. Thank you guys for the links and encouragement.

The top four posts on the new site so far are:

1. Daisy Fuentes Pictures Day– for obvious reasons.
  2. Rule 5 Saturday – Julia Stiles – see above.
  3. Someone Said This Was Funny– someone on Stumbleupon loves this pic. Someone else on Stumbleupon hates this pic. I tell you what, Bub, I hate it too, but not because its defaming your favorite President.
  4. Dennis Prager Q & A At University of Denver– a great lesson. The great lesson? Certainly one of them.

My personal favorite posts from the past four months were the Robo-Love Experiments #1, #2 & #3. Of the 3 I like the third the best. They were a lot of fun and a challenge at the same time, even if, as Belvedere says, I need help with my naming conventions.

I’m over a thousand words now in what was going to be a quick “thank you for your support” post, and I’m sure I missed a bunch of folks who need a good thanking, including the frequent commenters like  Bunni, Opie and Georges.

If I missed you, please feel free to cajole your spouse, significant other or some bum on the street to give you a solid thanking for me, right smack on the backside, where you’ll remember it.

Thanks again for visiting the Robot. It’s been a memorable first year. I’m proud to be among you who will stand up and say No More!

Tomorrow it’s back to the trenches for me. In the mean time, show some Robo-Love and BUY A FREAKIN’ T-SHIRT!

Or, as Stacy and Smitty like to say, HIT THE TIP JAR!

Cheers! ~ ‘Bot

UPDATE:

Thanks to Chris Muir for the mighty DayByDay mention. You Rawk!

UPDATE II:

I’ve added Chris’s strip featuring the ‘bot and while I’m here I wanted to mention a few other bloggers who have helped your humble host maintain his sanity while we watch with horror and still struggle against the Dem-olition of our country.

And So it Goes in Shreveport

They Say / We Say

Villainous Company

Washington Rebel

Woman Honor Thyself

Woodsterman

YankeePhil

Oh, and look what Bob gave me, gee, just what I always wanted. Kari Byron portraying Freddie Kruger.

Thanks Bob. I’ll cherish her as long as I live, which may not be long. This is like owning a toy that can’t be toyed with. Something tells me your female offspring are to be feared, my friend.

That contraption on her hand says she’ll do the popping of these balloons, don’t you know.

The symbolism here is too deep for my circuitry. I feel a few transistors going into overload.

Must. Stop. Staring. At. Kari.

OK, enough update. My boss is coming. Shhhh. Kari, watch out with those pointy things already! Shh!

Comments
  • paul mitchell August 24, 2010 at 11:42 pm

Best wishes. Keep up the good work.

• Matt August 25, 2010 at 12:10 am

Happy Blog Day Robot. Congrats!

• Red August 25, 2010 at 12:16 am

Well Happy Freakin’ Blog Birthday ‘bot! And maany moore… Looking forward to kicking some political butt and taking some names with you in the LoneStar state pretty soon!

• proof August 25, 2010 at 12:17 am

Happy Date of Manufacture, Robo! May you have many more before your warranty runs out!

• proof August 25, 2010 at 12:46 am

Memorialized in Day by Day cartoon???

I am officially sooooo jealous!

• Red August 25, 2010 at 1:33 am
  • Opus #6 August 25, 2010 at 1:38 am

Happy Blog Birthday, Robot. I love Sitemeter too. Today I got the requisite hits from house dot gov in Washington, because I posted the lists of all the reps’ names. I picture their people sitting in Washington offices doing google or blogsearches of their names and having to figure out what I said about them. Ha ha!

• Red August 25, 2010 at 10:29 am

“Like” (you get one too!)

• No Sheeples Here August 25, 2010 at 2:50 am

Happy Blog Day to the shiniest tin man in the blogosphere. One thing’s for sure…you never had to take a trip to The Emerald City to ask The Wizard of Oz for a brain.

When the Good Lord uploaded data to your motherboard He did good and I am always heartened that you shamelessly link to No Sheeples Here.

That is proof that you dream of electric sheep.

Thanks for all you do patriot friend.

A million megabytes of love to you.

• mnrobot August 27, 2010 at 4:25 pm

Thanks Carol. Lot’s of Robo-Love to ewe too.

• Joan of Argghh! August 25, 2010 at 5:59 am

Holy Bucket o’ Bolts! A DBD-lanche!

Many happy reboots of the day, you pleasingly-arranged set of on/off commands!

• Happy Blog Day to ‘Bot… « Si Vis Pacem August 25, 2010 at 6:32 am

[…] Blog Day to ‘Bot… 2010/08/25 by Ran / Si Vis Pacem Hardly a drab of rust on the Mind Mumbed Robot.  Yesterday was his First […]

• Ran / Si Vis Pacem August 25, 2010 at 6:34 am

Happy Blogday, pal.

• Bunni August 25, 2010 at 7:00 am

Happy Blog Day, you wonderful Robot, you! I hope you have many more years of entertaining us! Celebrate a whole lot today, but don’t drink TOO much, or you might get rusty! I enjoy your blog a whole lot, thanks for the h/t!
    Cheers & HAPPY BLOG DAY!

• Too Nerd For The Herd | Primordial Slack August 25, 2010 at 7:15 am

[…] of nerds that are a standout from the herd, go wish the Mind Numbed Robot a happy reboot day. It’s his first! This entry was posted in blogger makes good. Bookmark […]

• Bob Belvedere August 25, 2010 at 8:43 am

Well…what can I say that hasn’t already be said so well by my Friends and Acquaintances In The Ether above?

How about…

-In my thirty-five-plus years as a guitarist, you’re one of the few drummers I’ve ever met who wasn’t totally insane.

-Your Timeline Of US Constitutional Decline is one of the best ideas I’ve seen a blogger create and it is a very useful tool.

-Someday, when you’re old and really creaky, you won’t need glasses – hopefully you’ll still drink straight out of the bottle.

-It is an honor to be your friend.

I now raise a toast to the Mind Numbed Robot and say ‘Huzzah!’.

PS: I now, of course, am terribly jealous of you over the Day By Day thing.

• mnrobot August 25, 2010 at 5:01 pm

Thanks Bob. You know, I need to update that thing with the “Barack Obama Usurpation and Mechanization Section” before the November election. It will likely take another couple of days to compile all of that scandalous business. That’s why Dr. Tyrell made us robots. to do the tedious work. But seriously, if you have some sources of compiled material, please pass them on and I’ll get them included on the next update.
      Thanks for the kind words also.
      And I must say, a DbD-alanche is awesome! I’ve never seen ANYTHING like the traffic today. EVAH.
      Chris is a very nice guy to throw me a bone.

• Adrienne August 25, 2010 at 9:17 am

Happy Blog Birthday from one drummer to another.

What’s with Bob and the “insane” drummer thingy?? Did no one tell him that without the drummer there is no band?

• Red August 25, 2010 at 10:28 am

“Like” (my best Failbook impersonation)

• mnrobot August 25, 2010 at 12:33 pm

Typical guitar player. I bet he always had to be the loudest too. 🙂 Thanks for the kind words, drummah from anotha muthah.

• pam August 25, 2010 at 9:33 am

Happy Blog Day, Robot! 🙂

• […] at his site, MNR has transmitted a set of reflections on his first year in Le Blogospheré that shows what a humble ‘bot he is and that he does […]

• Chris Wysocki August 25, 2010 at 11:22 am

Wow, the Bot-man is all growed up. Congrats!

• Jamie August 25, 2010 at 12:15 pm

Happy anniversary!

• mnrobot August 25, 2010 at 11:26 pm

Thanks Jamie. And thanks for your constant support. You’re a true gentleman and scholar.

• PeggyU August 25, 2010 at 12:23 pm

Happy Blog Day! Joan said to come here and say that. I hear and obey.

• mnrobot August 25, 2010 at 12:32 pm

Thank you PeggyU. 🙂 You must be an automaton too. Nice to meet you.

• The WyBlog August 25, 2010 at 1:58 pm

Happy Robo-Activation Day…

Exactly one year ago today in a secret underground lab deep in the heart of the Real America a humble robot achieved sentiency. He soon discovered the blogosphere whereupon he set about providing much thoughtful commentary on the sad state of affairs w…

• Lilac Sunday August 25, 2010 at 3:34 pm

A very happy blogiversary to my favorite robot. I’m sure we’ll all be working for robots soon.

• Larry August 25, 2010 at 4:22 pm

I for one welcome our robot overlords…
    eh, what I meant to say was Happy Blog-Day!

• […] Posted on August 25, 2010 by Gatordoug| Leave a comment One year old and getting better all the time! That Robot Dude is […]

• RightKlik August 25, 2010 at 7:20 pm

Happy Day!

• John Carey August 25, 2010 at 7:25 pm

Happy Blog day MNR. I’m still a baby with repsect to blogging as compared to you. Keep on keeping on!

• mnrobot August 25, 2010 at 11:25 pm

Heh, we’re all babes in the woods, John. Keep up the fine work you do. There’s a lot of work to be done yet.

• Randy_G August 25, 2010 at 7:59 pm

Congrats on your B-DAY, and you have a great site!

• […] 25, 2010 at 9:21 pm (Blogs and Blogging) A mere one year old and look at all the accolades he’s collected! And he got a Chris Muir cartoon, to boot! […]

• Obi's Sister August 25, 2010 at 8:33 pm

Happy Blogyblogybirthday Mr. BotyBot! Linked you here.

• […] Happy blogiversary… …to my favorite cryonically neuropreserved automaton. […]

• Obi's Sister August 25, 2010 at 8:55 pm

Happy Blogyblogybirfday! Not sure why my trackback isn’t showing up – linked you here (http://justgrits.wordpress.com/2010/08/25/happy-blogybirthday-to-mind-numbed-robot/)

• They Say / We Say August 25, 2010 at 9:02 pm

A year and more to come… You most certainly hit on the pulse of the human dislikes and likes. Guitarist in general do fiddle with the control knobs when told to turn down-when in fact turn up a sneaky notch or two. I guess if they can’t hear themselves after circling the world with that last stringbend; must think they aren’t contributing enough. Yep we know about them pickers er lead players.
    Been busy, but try to read some of the Bot now and then.

• mnrobot August 25, 2010 at 11:21 pm

Thanks TheySay. Keep the faith bro.

• LibertyAtStake August 25, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Very well chosen babe photos.

Cheers, dude.

• mnrobot August 25, 2010 at 11:21 pm

Gotta love the babes. RULE 5 RULES! lol

• Terry_Jim August 25, 2010 at 11:10 pm

Happy Blog Day, I just found your blog through Day By Day.
    Good stuff!

• mnrobot August 25, 2010 at 11:23 pm

Thanks a lot Terry for the nice words. Glad you stopped in. I’ll have to hop over to your place soon.
      Cheers!

• Wubba August 25, 2010 at 11:25 pm

And just to think,

I knew him when:

He defended Bill C in the 1992 election trail,

!and! declared was gonna vote for Bill C.

Also remember when da robot called the honorable
    Maha Rushie, “just an entertainer”.

Good luck bud, it’s been a good year, let’s go for
    an increase for the future…

It’s good to see a reformed liberal embrace the truth
    of what government does *TO* it’s citizens.

• mnrobot August 25, 2010 at 11:34 pm

Whoa. Did I do that? I must have been, like, stoopid or something. lol
      Amazing what that red pill will do.
      I honestly can’t remember taking up for Clinton, but that time frame is a bit hazy…
      hehehe
      Glad to see you in the comments Wubba. Now that you’re approved, you’re on auto approve.

• Red August 27, 2010 at 4:13 pm

Ha! Wubba got all “Art Linkletter on you. It’s our friends who keep us real 😉

• Trestin Meacham August 26, 2010 at 11:08 am

you do great work. I look forward to seeing you around this time next year.

• mnrobot August 26, 2010 at 11:14 am

Heh, Trestin. I wonder that if this turns into work, you may not see me at all. It’s got to be fun or I ain’t doin’ it. I may get riled up from time to time, but that can be fun too.
      Pleasure to know you young man. You keep on with your good deeds as well.

• The Conservative Lady August 27, 2010 at 12:21 am

Happy “Belated” One Year Blog Birthday! Sorry this wish is a little late. Keep up the good work and sorry I missed the party 🙂

• mnrobot August 27, 2010 at 4:23 pm

That’s OK, you can still help me clean up the mess Looks like the real clean up starts after November anyway. 🙂

• Mary Sue August 27, 2010 at 12:24 am

Happy Blogiversary MNR! Wow, the Day by Day cartoon is amazing. Congrats on that and a great year blogging.

• […] it, either, and will rely upon our erudite readers for guidance.In other news, props to the Mind Numbed Robot on the one year blogoversary, with a tacit sorry to others we’ve failed to so honor.And three […]

• Saturday Blog Sift at Bride of Rove August 28, 2010 at 9:42 am

[…] of sex, Happy One Year Anniversary, Mind Numbed Robot! I, being he, have met some fine patriotic people online in the blogging community and have come in […]

• The Sanity Inspector August 29, 2010 at 5:54 pm

But, but, Wired Magazine said that blogging is dead! Happy blogoversary, anyway!

• Steve August 29, 2010 at 11:06 pm

Great post! I really like your blog!!

Steve