from my friend Miss Courtney who writes in the comments of the Julia Stiles Rule 5 Saturday post:

I give a two thumbs up for Ms. Stiles!!!! But where is the eye candy for us girls???? May I suggest Jeffrey Donovan of Burn Notice!!!! A man with a penchant for blowing sh@t up!! YUMMY!!

To which I replied with an offer:

Hmmmm. I’ll have to give that some consideration. Perhaps you would like to pen a guest post, that would allow me to maintain a safe distance from any perceived gayness while giving the readers what they ask for? Besides, I’d venture that you would pick a different picture than I.

Not one to back away, Miss Courtney responded:

Hmmmmmmmm…….Perhaps I should!!

And shortly in the email comes that which follows and is a first for the Robot as I’ve never before shared blog-space with a woman of the female gender variable.

Y’all be nice to Courtney. I offer that as a warning not for her sake but for yours.  She bites.

Jeffrey Donovan

As an intelligent Conservative woman, it was with GREAT DESPAIR that I realized the cheap tactics the Robot had taken in going “all-sexy” with Daisy Fuentes. ['bot here - Cheap tactics? ~ What!? Me? *mumbles off*]

I know sex sells, but when I look for a political blog, I hope that it is a place where intelligent debate and commentary are made about the United States of America. About liberty, freedom, and justice. How can we be Just if you don’t have a little eye candy for the chicks on the right???

May I introduce the star of USA’s Burn Notice, Jeffrey Donovan. His character, Michael Weston, is a burned spy dropped in Miami who is trying to get his job back while helping people with their problems. He is a patriot! He knows how to use a gun! He looks HOT while blowing sh@t up!!!

Happy Independence Day, Girls!!!

['bot ~ Can't add anything to that, except thanks to Courtney for shoving me into some new ground. Looking around, I wonder if I'm standing in quicksand.]

Comments
  • proof July 3, 2010 at 3:37 pm

When life hands you lemons, make lemonade! Looks like he’s in a modified Weaver stance, weapon cocked, but his finger does not appear to on the trigger, which is the proper way to hold the weapon until you are ready to destroy something.
    Can’t really tell the caliber of the weapon, but I’d guess a 9mm. It has a square slide, somewhat like a Glock, but I’ve never seen a Glock fluted like that in the front, so I can’t identify the manufacturer.

The ladies may now go back to ogling the pistolero!

• 5etester July 3, 2010 at 3:46 pm

Holy WTF*&%@#Batman!!!What have you done?Crossed over to the dark side?No longer can I safely slobber over the Bot’s Rule 5 collection for fear of scrolling down to a pic of some dude’s junk staring back at me!Now I am really starting to believe in the 2012 stuff because strange things are happenin’.

• mnrobot July 3, 2010 at 4:05 pm

5e, It’s a brave new world. We’ve got to be flexible and if posting a little beefcake gains me favor with the ladies, I’m willing to bend a rule every now and again. As long as it’s not some speedo shot or as you put it, some dude’s junk staring at me.
    I do enjoy the company of some female gendered readers here at the robot.

Besides, I think Miss Courtney is toying with the idea of her own blog, so this might help encourage her to take that step.

• steve July 3, 2010 at 5:15 pm

@MNR:Not a chance-

• mnrobot July 3, 2010 at 5:23 pm

LOL – just as I expected. I’m going to have to get that girl her own blog sooner than later.

• Opus #6 July 3, 2010 at 9:44 pm

He’s hot, no denying.

I love the weapons identification. HA! Reminds me of a favorite old humor post of mine, the Journalist’s Guide To Firearms:

• Gorges Smythe July 3, 2010 at 11:37 pm

I’m betting that it’s only a matter of time before some lusty gal reminds you that the guys are wearing more clothes than the gals (at least so far)!

• mnrobot July 3, 2010 at 11:45 pm

As it should be Gorges.

• Opus #6 July 4, 2010 at 4:48 am

Not to worry, Gorges. Women like to see men with their clothes on. So no women’s post is going to feature a man’s “junk” as a worried commenter put it.

The magazine Playgirl would have failed within a year if it had not been for male readership, I suspect.

• Courtney July 4, 2010 at 3:15 pm

I feel honored to be the first female to share blog space with the Robot! Especially sice I was on TOP!

Don’t worry guys, I don’t bite! When I use my teeth, it’s just a playful grazing from time to time…

And Robot, Just to make this a more pleasant experience for 5etester, may I suggest “Rule 5.5″ or “Rule 5, Version 2.0!”

-Miss Courtney

PS. Where did you dig up that picture of my beautiful, tight ass in a Patriotic thong! FORGOT HOW FABULOUS I LOOK FROM THE BACKSIDE!! Can I get a “HELL YEA!”

• Misa Campo Seizing BP Assets July 4, 2010 at 3:41 pm

[...] Will Smith   Retro Rule Five   Jeffrey Donovan [...]

• Red July 4, 2010 at 7:46 pm

HAHAHAHA! YES! Burn Notice is the shit squared and I love Bruce Campbell. Thank you Courtney for looking out for the patriot ladies and kudos to Robot for letting himself out of his comfort zone. Don’t worry. No one will question your structural integrity aka metal masculinity.

• 5etester July 5, 2010 at 4:22 pm

Just got back from therapy over this whole ordeal-quite stressful.My shrink tells me Courtney is right on with her recommendation for a verbage change as an alert.And if that’s really your bum wrapped in a Betsy Ross,then you most certainly have some latitude to bend Bot’s rules.Not sure if the Other McCain will buy it for brownie points though.

• mnrobot July 5, 2010 at 5:38 pm

Heh, sorry to hear of your stress there 5e. Hope this ordeal hasn’t pushed you over some edge or broken a neural synapse. I know from experience, those are rarely recovered… covered, reco vered. covered. recovered. overed. reco. recove – bzzzt spling!

• [...] Rule 5 for the Ladies – Guest Post… (be sure to read the comments) [...]